WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal Information is any information about you as an individual. The personal information that we process includes:
• Basic Information – such as name, age, gender, passport information and publicly available photograph;
• Contact Information – such as your home address, zip/postal code, email address and phone number;
• Financial Information – such as your credit card details, itemized spending and transaction history;
• Health Information – where disclosed and relevant to the provision of services;
• Preferences – such as special requests, service issues and other preferences for your stay;
• Technical Information – such as information about the device you use to interact with us (including the unique device identifier, hardware model, operating system and version, IP address, and mobile network information, as applicable;
• Correspondence – when you contact us, such as to send a message or make a request, any correspondence may be kept and added to your personal information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
• We collect personal information when you wish to use certain features of the Site.
• To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us,
• To provide superior customer service to you;
• To assist in making your reservation and providing the services you request at our property;
• To process transaction through our website (including taking payment for purchase you may make through the Site) and to assist in any inquires about your transaction;
• For billing purposes in relation to your stay with us;
• To fulfill your requests for certain information and services offered through by the property or through the Site, and address any other inquiries, correspondence, concerns, or complaints you have raised;
• To confirm prior transactions and reconcile statements or invoices;
• To contact you in relation to matters that arise from your stay with us;
• To send you press releases, newsletters, quarterly updates, or other general information about The Mayfair Hotel,
• To advise you of promotions or to inform you of offers or other information that may be of interest to you (if, where required, you separately provide your consent to this contact);
• To respond to any feedback, you submit;
• To analyze customer trends and insights; and
• To operate our business, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, statistical and research purposes and troubleshooter to help us improve our services.
ON WHAT BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information on the following basis:
• To comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
• To enter into agreements with you, and to perform our agreement to provide services to you when you stay with us;
• For legitimate business purposes – using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our business and minimize any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. It also allows us to make your communications with you more relevant and personalized to you, and to make your experience with us more efficient and effective;
• Because you have given your consent – at times we may ask for your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more purposes;
• For the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims or proceedings.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We collect your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services, including comment cards and email communications sent to and from us.
Otherwise, we collect information when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, such as:
• When you create a profile or sign in to access an existing profile on the Site;
• When you make a purchase through the Site;
• When you make a reservation online or by contacting us directly; and
• During your stay with us, including information provided at check in.
We also receive information about you from other sources, such as our business partners and publicly available sources. We combine that information with the information that you have provided to us.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s help menu to learn how to modify your cookie settings. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services may not function properly.
For more information about cookies, please visit this site www.allaboutcookies.org.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you give The Mayfair Hotel Personal Information, we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. The Mayfair Hotel uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving sensitive visitor data via the Site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, The Mayfair Hotel cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems, and to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected.
WHAT INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED TO THIRD PARTIES?
We allow you to opt out of receiving e-mail from us, even after giving us your consent to receive certain types of email communications. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you may opt-out by using the link at the bottom of any marketing email that you receive from our team.
We use non-personally identifiable information in the aggregate so that we can improve the Site and for business and administrative purposes. We may use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
Our website may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as web hosts) or that help us market our products and services (such as email vendors). These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
Except as otherwise stated above, we will not publish or provide your e-mail address or other Personal Information to third parties without your consent.
Accessing your personal information
We understand that you may like to know what personal information we hold about you. We are happy to assist with your request. To protect your personal information, however, we require that you provide your identity at the time your request is made.
You may also be entitled to:
• Request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information;
• Request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
• Opt-out from processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
• Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where we are processing your personal information based on your consent);
If you have provided us with Personal Information and would like to change, correct, delete, or request access to your Personal Information or update or cancel your registration, you may do so by emailing us at info@mayfairLA.com.
We do not solicit any personal information from children under the age of 13. We encourage families to obtain additional information about safe use of the Internet http://www.ftc.gov/kidsprivacy/.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS’ RIGHTS
The Right to Know, The Right to Delete, and the Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
The California Consumer Privacy Act “CCPA”) affords California consumers (1) the right to know what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell; (2) the right to request that we delete their personal information; and (3) the right to request that we no longer sell their personal information. If you would like information about the personal information that we collect, disclose, and/or sell about you, or if you would like to make a request for us to delete or stop selling your personal information, please visit our website at https://www.mayfairla.com or click the “Do Not Sell My Information” link at the bottom of the website to submit your request. You may also call our Consumer Request Line at (888) 914-9661, using PIN 170023 to submit your request. When your request is received, we will reach out via email to verify your identity by asking you to provide your name, confirmation number and date from one of your stays at the Hotel, and the email address associated with that stay. Once we are able to verify your identity, we will promptly fulfill your request. If you would like, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent, please submit an order issued by a court, a document submitted by a barred attorney, or a formal certified document issued by an official governmental agency.
Direct Marketing Disclosure
California consumers may also request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to email@example.com. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to an address other than the address specified in this paragraph.
The Right to Non-Discrimination
The CCPA prohibits a business from treating a consumer differently because the consumer exercised a right conferred on him/her by the CCPA. We welcome you to exercise your rights under the CCPA, and we will not discriminate against you for doing so.
Removal of Content
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
The Mayfair Hotel
1256 W 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017